Digital humanities are an important part of our teaching and research. We are working on several research projects using digital methods especially data bases and editions. We use existing software but also develop our own systems and applications.
The activity is supported by an outstanding infrastructure. Within the university we cooperate with the IT-Group Humanities. We are also active in dhmuc, a network in which the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities, the Bavarian State Library, the Collegium Carolinum, the Deutsches Museum, the Leibniz Super Computing Centre and die LMU Munich work together for knowledge exchange, education and open access to knowledge. There are regular meetings, lectures, workshops and summerschools at the participating institutions.
Students benefit from this combination of research, development and institutional support.
- Projektgruppe "Tulpen und Kanonen"
- Kaiser und Höfe: eine prosopographische Datenbank
- Squirrel - Edieren digital
Infrastructure for research and projects
- Digital Humanities Virtual Laboratory (DHVLab)
- IT-Gruppe Geisteswissenschaften
- dhmuc - Digital Humanities in München